The post you’ve all been waiting for is here!
I made a resolution this year to read more. One book a month. Do-able!
I set this goal EVERY YEAR, but this year, I’m sticking to it! I told you all about it in January so that you could all hold me accountable and it’s working! So many of you also reached out and said that you wanted to read along with me! HOW FUN IS THAT?!
I will continue to update this post each month with the “book of the month”, so that you all can keep reference this post if you need some new reading recommendations.
So far, we’ve read seven books:
JANUARY: The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
Also if you haven’t read The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah, that should be next on your list. It’s definitely in my top 5 favorite books ever read and a ton of you said the same thing!
READ TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS POST FOR THE SEPTEMBER BOOK PICK OF THE MONTH!
I also polled you all in Instagram stories and got a HUGE list of book recommendations that you all loved so I thought I would list the most popular ones (mentioned at least 3 times each), here as well! (I will also keep this post updated when I get new recommendations).
So here you go:
- Sarah’s Key by Tatiana de Rosnay
- Girl Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- Becoming by Michelle Obama
- Pretty Girls by Karin Slaughter
- Luckiest Girl Alive by Jessica Knoll
- Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
- Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl
- Where the Crawdads Sing by Delia Owens
- Educated by Tara Westover
- The Marriage Lie
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
- Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
- Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
- My Oxford Year by Julia Whelan
- Brain on Fire: My Month of Madness by Susannah Cahalan
- Crazy Rich Asians by Kevin Kwan
- Wildflower Hill by Kimberely Freeman
- The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
- The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon
And without further adieu, the book I’m picking to read in September is…..
This is a brand new book that just came out mid August and I’ve already heard such great things! I can’t wait to start it on my trip to NYC this week!
If you are planning on reading along with me or have any recommendations, leave me a comment or shoot me a message and let me know!