You read that right.
Sweet Eloise turned four months yesterday and it’s honestly been the best four months of our lives. Don’t get me wrong, we have our days (everyone does) but what an amazing experience it is to see such a little person that you created, grow and discover the world from day to day. Also, those big belly laughs?! THE BEST.
If you are new to this blog, welcome! Every two months, I’ll be doing an “Eloise update” on here, letting you know her favorites, her schedule and just any other information I think might be helpful for any other moms out there. Now, let me tell you….I’m not saying that everything I’m doing is right, and I FOR SURE don’t know everything, but if you are pregnant or your little one is the same age as Eloise, you might find these posts helpful! I love hearing from other moms and how they are doing it, as it’s fun to compare notes, learn some things and find some new products your little might love!
(If you missed her two month update, you can read that post here).
Eloise’s Four Month Schedule
7:00 am – 8:00 am: Wake up , first feeding in bed, change diaper
8:30 am- 9:30 am: Come downstairs and play on her favorite piano, do some tummy time, chat a little bit.
9:30 am – 11:30 am: First nap of the day in her Dockatot inside her crib (We are constantly moving the Dockatot either to her crib to nap or we put it inside the bassinest in our room depending on room temperatures and lighting – also this is when I get ready for the day).
11:30 am – 12:00 pm: Second feeding of the day
12:00 pm – 1:30pm: Change diaper, run errands (this is when we will either go to the grocery store, post office or get any other errands done).
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm: Second nap of the day (This is when I will try and do a little in-home workout and laundry).
3:00 pm – 3:30 pm: Change diaper & third feeding of the day
3:30 pm – 4:30 pm: Play or go on a walk
4:30 pm – 6 pm: Third nap of the day (this is our shortest nap of the day and sometimes the one that gets missed if we are out and about).
6 pm – 6:30 pm: Change diaper & fourth feeding for the day
6:30 pm – 7:30 pm: Bath, change into pajamas, read books, tummy time
7:30 pm – 9:00 pm: Fourth nap of the day
9 pm: Last feeding of the night
(We have been giving her 6-8 oz breastmilk bottle before bed so that we can tell exactly how much she drinks. We’ve found that making sure she has a full belly before bed helps her sleep through the night).
Now, like I’ve said before, this is our ideal schedule. Sometimes it gets all switched around and she ends up having her last feeding early at 8:00pm. If that is the case, we still put her down around 8:30 or 9 for bed and she will sleep through the night.
We are convinced that she loves sleep, as she has slept through the night consistently every night since she was 2.5 months (don’t hate me….so sorry if you are a sleep deprived mama!)
– She is still loving her piano & my mom recently bought her this little bouncy chair that she loves as well because she can reach the toys on it now! (these are also great if you need to do dishes or something where you need to put the babe down – these two things keep her occupied for a good 20 minutes).
– She has been drooling up a storm lately so we’ve been wearing these bibs (another find from my mom – thanks mom!) We also love these adorable seersucker bibs that tie around her arms so that they stay in place and absorb all that drool!
– We got this popular Sophie teething toy before she was born and just this past week we introduced her to it and she is loving it!
– When we go on our daily walks, we can’t leave the house without this cover. They are the best! I just put it over her seat when we are walking through a sunny area and it shades her perfectly.
– She is still loving these pacifiers (these ones are easier for her to keep in her mouth).
– This is still our go-to sound machine as it’s so easy to just throw in the diaper bag and travel with (not to big or bulky).
We had our 4 month check up yesterday and she is 14lbs 4 oz….such an amazing feeling to watch your baby grow!
I’m still exclusively breastfeeding, but as of today, we are going to start her on some solids! Our pediatrician told us she was ready so we are going to start her on some apples and sweet potatoes a little later today…..oh how our Friday nights have changed!
Bryan & I were laughing at how excited we got when she told us she was ready. We can’t wait to watch her explore all types of food!
Mamas who make their own food, what are your favorites? What’s easy? What do I need?
Leave me a comment and let me know!
I hope you all love this post, find it helpful and that these pictures make you smile today!
Have a great weekend!
p.s. I’ve received so many messages about doing a “Nursing Necessities” post, so I plan on getting one up by the end of this month. It will include my favorite nursing tops, bras, things that have worked for me and things that haven’t and how I drink wine and still breastfeed (I get this question at least multiple times a day, so I know people are curious….heck mama wants a glass of wine! I get it!). If there is something else you want to see in that post, leave me a comment or shoot me an email!